But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness: and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:33

Monday, May 31, 2010

My life as a mom!

I am a mom to five little monkeys, all boys might I add! They keep life simplistic, real, fun and whimsical. Our boys inspire me to many things, but one of the greatest of these is capturing them through photos. I find myself snapping away at the little things that I know will soon be forgotten. As I watch them grow so quickly, I feel the urgency to hold onto those ever changing faces. They bring so much joy to my life and honestly, sometimes frustration. In every emotion, I find the realness life brings and it is worth hanging onto. The camera is so common place in our home that the boys know when I call their name, they stop what they are doing, turn and pose. I often wonder if they ever get tired of me saying "Please guys, just ONE more!" They know by now that my "ONE" usually turns into at least 10. They are such troopers! I am blessed. I cannot find anymore words to describe it than that. I do not deserve the blessings I have received, yet the Lord continues to give. He has given me a relationship with Him through His Son, a loving and supportive husband, and five of the most amazing kids. I am speechless at His goodness. I am humbled that He would allow me the privilege of being wife and mom to this family. I am thankful that He has placed within me the passion for photography and I pray I honor Him in all I do. I so enjoy the art of photography as I learn more and more. With that said, it cannot be my focus as I know He must be my focus. It is He who gives this desire to me to take pictures. I hope I please Him through capturing real emotion, life and its surroundings, and those story telling moments that we all want to hang onto. I am thankful I have the desire to capture the very things that He created! I marvel at His work!

2 comments:

  1. Love the blog and your testimony to God's goodness. I love you!

    Hannah B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog. I love the pics!

    ReplyDelete